A Global Business Company is a company licensed by the Financial Services Commission to conduct specific global business activities which are carried on from within Mauritius with persons mainly residing outside of Mauritius and where business is conducted in a currency other than the Mauritian rupee.
In considering an application for a Global Business Company or its renewal, the FSC will consider whether the conduct of business will be, or is being managed and controlled from Mauritius.
In determining whether the conduct of business will be, or is being managed and controlled from Mauritius, the Commission shall have regard to such matters as it may deem relevant in the circumstances and without limitation to the foregoing, may consider whether the Company –
- Shall have or has at least two (2) directors, resident in Mauritius, of sufficient calibre to exercise independence of mind and judgement.
- Shall maintain or maintains at all times its principal bank account in Mauritius;
- Shall keep and maintain or keeps and maintains, at all times, its accounting records at its registered office in Mauritius;
- Shall prepare or proposes to prepare or prepares its statutory financial statements and causes or proposes to have such financial statements to be audited in Mauritius;
- Provides for meetings of directors to include as least two (2) directors from Mauritius; and
- Shall at all times have a Management Company as secretary of the Company.